GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   a VKG car in print (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3379)

zen November 26th 2003 08:22

a VKG car in print

in my recent (2.5 months now) scramble, i failed to acknowledge a VKG car in VWTrends. hybrid just reminded me in another thread.

Dave "NO_H2O" McCutcheon's car at least got a show coverage pic in this month's VWTrends. page 96. he got 2nd in class to boot. note the trailer queen comment. that was written for that "elite" resto club based out of GA. they know who they are :D :p .

thanks to kathy for continuing to support the German Look!!!!

vujade November 26th 2003 10:26

Congrats Dave on the Trends pic. Very cool :D

I have a feeling we are going to see alot more VKG cars in the mags as time goes on ;)

Sandeep November 26th 2003 10:27

Congrats guys !

Now I'll have to go to the newsstand to take a look :D

Sandeep

NO_H2O November 26th 2003 19:18

2nd place to a "Trailer Queen" is a win in my book. :D
Thanks to all.

hybrid_john November 27th 2003 06:36

YES, vujade, we will deffinately see more VKG cars in the magazines, why not shoot for the cover? Maybe in the future we can scramble some thoughts on how to do this, like maybe present another German Look "special" to a magazine company and use the VKG as the flag-ship for the German Look introduction into the US or something?

I don't know, it's an idea, but not a very bad one at that.....
look at it this way maybe there would/could be cover picture/article coverage? It could be very good for the club!:D

Has any one in here ever thought about doing some thing like that?

Just toss the idea around!

NO_H2O November 27th 2003 08:50

You never know what has already been running around those demented minds of ours.:hehehe:
We know just who to pitch it to. Need to get some cars done before we pitch it.

Racelook November 27th 2003 11:44

Can Maybe someone scan the pictures in.. so I can also see them?? Or can i find them somewhere on the internet?:confused:

Thanks in forward..

WIebrand

hybrid_john November 27th 2003 16:45

Right on!
If and when this idea ever becomes reality I REALLY hope that my car is done by then, trust me man it's gonna be wild when I'm finished.

BTW: so has this topic came up before or some thing, how far along in prossesing is the idea?
Just curious!

John

boygenius November 27th 2003 17:24

I want to have my car done when VKG makes the cover of a magazine. It will be about six to nine months, maybe sooner if I can stop wasting my money. "FOCUS ON THE TASK AT HAND" thats what I keep telling myself.;)

vujade November 27th 2003 20:12

Quote:

Originally posted by hybrid_john
BTW: so has this topic came up before or some thing, how far along in prossesing is the idea?
Just curious!

John

Well, a certain photographer for VW Trends has already made mention of the VKG in the July issue of 2003 & taken photos of Dave's car too, plus will be keeping an eye on our cars as they progress for future features.

NO_H2O November 27th 2003 20:58

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go Racelook. It isn't big but it's in there.

bc1303s November 28th 2003 01:49

That Must feel Great to have your car in VWtrends :cool:

hybrid_john November 28th 2003 04:06

Thanx vujade for letting me know...

So my project probably wont make it in time for anything like that, huh? I would really like it to, but can't be selfish. It would be really amazing for the club to have a cover issue all about us! I'm really siked about such an idea, it would be awesome, belonging to an incredible club, such as VKG, and having them handed over to the public in such a way!

National Coverage Baby! Yeah!:D

John

Racelook November 28th 2003 07:45

Thanxxxxxxxxx:silly:

boygenius November 28th 2003 20:36

NO_H20 congratulations on getting your car in print. It must just feel awesome to have your car in a magazine. VW Trends will have to leave a page open for my car in about nine months.;)