GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   summer outing idea (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3945)

zen February 29th 2004 23:43

summer outing idea

i talked to jake today and made a recommendation for a get-together. we have spring and late fall lined up already, but nothing for the summer. so here is the idea. we meet up at jake's place to tour shop and hang out for a while. maybe cookout or something. maybe go for a quick cruise up and across Blood Moutain and then we head over to Helen (7 miles away from Jake's) to go go-cart racing. this is an indoor track with propane fueled cars that haul-a$$ for the environment. i left with bruises last time i raced jake there (and one minor whiplash incident when he couldn't find a better way to pass :rolleyes: ).

he said he has to look into some date options but liked the idea. i will let you know what we can work up. need to know how many would be interested though. it would be a rare opportunity.

we are also discussing a driver's ed course get-together for the fall in Savannah.

boygenius March 1st 2004 14:21

That's an awesome idea.

I can even pick up my parts when I'm at the shop. :laugh:

Avoid those shipping charges. :righton:

jhelgesen March 1st 2004 14:33

For your fall date, my pca club has a drivers ed Oct 2-3 at Carolina Motor Sports park, usually about $225, any type car allowed.

vujade March 1st 2004 17:36

Im up for both ideas :agree:

kenfyoozed March 1st 2004 20:19

just let me know the dates and i should be able to attend, just need to make sure the wife will be ok, since shes carrying our first. other than that im in.

neil

hybrid_john March 2nd 2004 07:10

IF it's three months from now, I might be able to make it, but I don't really know for sure. It also depends on who can caddy me around for a while :o , and how much it would cost for a plane ticket!

Just let me know when and I'll see what I can do.

John

Panelfantastic March 2nd 2004 11:24

Like everybody else, it depends on the dates. Summer is my busy-busy time of year...
Hey, I wonder if I brought the bus down, if Jake would even let me drive on his property :laugh: ?

zen March 2nd 2004 14:42

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i've had a water-pumping VW and Porsche on his property and no sledgehammer holes. :D of course mine were German at least.

i will see if i can get a date set with him soon. sounds like at least half would make it and if we can set a date early enough maybe more can make arrangements for time off.

NO_H2O March 2nd 2004 17:30

I have yet to drive a radiator laden car to Jake's :laugh: but I will have to drive my truck up there for my next trip. It's an old 74 so some buck-shot holes in won't break my heart. :laugh: :laugh:
I will have weekends off for the month of June. It will be hard for me to get a weekend night off during the summer(that I don't reg. have off) due to everyone has vacation sched. in the summer.

jhelgesen March 24th 2004 11:18

Hey Guys,

Any updates on our summer VKG outing? I'm trying to plan my vaction dates for the next few months.

zen March 25th 2004 09:15

i have yet to nail jake down to a date. hoping for a saturday or sunday in june. i will try again when i talk to him later this week.

boygenius March 25th 2004 21:22

If we are still going go-carting I wil bring my helmet. Since I'm going to be the fastest one out there I should have a cool looking helmet. :laugh: