GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Death of (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7643)

Bad bug June 24th 2006 13:30

Death of

Hi all in recent times i have noticed that no one is willing to build anymore large bore type4 engines for the street, everyone is into using suby engines, which might be good but you guy's are definately killing the aircooled industry by this action. Once these engines are placed in the cars the whole package is changed. If all doesn't workout with the cars interest is lost and the cars are put up for sale not necessarily to someone that loves a bug. I am suggestion that the owners of this site create a conversion page for these members that want to do so with there bugs. My reason for writing this is because i am most concerned with the situation. Where i live in jamaica their are quite a few guy's who are doing suby to bug and toyota 4age engine to bug conversions and to date their is only one suby to bug conversion on the road the others have being sold or parted out.

krems June 25th 2006 19:48

nope, im in Jamaica and also want to go Type 4....only thing im going to leave it stock and turbo it. im having an extremely hard time finding a running engine however

Bad bug June 25th 2006 22:59

Stick to it you may be able to find something. Talk to morgan on Red Hills road across the road from KFC he maybe able to help you. Tell him Michael sent you. When you are done with your project we ( type4 power beetles ) should all meetup and share notes.

krems June 26th 2006 23:47

might not even need to do that....going to go look at an engine tomorrow :D

Bad bug June 27th 2006 09:10

O.k. their you go success at last. What size is it.

zen June 29th 2006 19:48

while i share part of your pain in water-cooled conversions (i went out of my way to go with an aircooled and normally aspirated engine just because i wanted to stay true to the cause), these mods are exactly what the German Look is all about. this is a VERY small niche style in the VW scene and i don't want to see divisions within it. the type 4 guys can have just as much influence as a suby guy does. it will almost always fall out on what someone can afford.

i hear you and don't fully disagree, but i don't see the need for the separate forum at this point. this thread is open for input. you guys convince me differently if needed. this is your site.

Bad bug June 30th 2006 00:15

O.k. fair enough. I was just wondering if those suby conversion guy's know what they are missing out on.

krems July 2nd 2006 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad bug
O.k. their you go success at last. What size is it.

also found some 44 IDF's

roughly how long did the cali conversion take for you?

Bad bug July 3rd 2006 05:02

Haven't done the cali conversion as yet but i have the manual. Also have a 911 kit that i want to try.