GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Body (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Creative Car Craft feature (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10463)

davetaylor March 1st 2010 18:48

Creative Car Craft feature

I just finished up a feature on David Wiley and Creative Car Craft and I think there are at least a couple of items of interest to the German Lookers.

http://www.dubdispatch.com/phpBB3/blog.php/?p=179

BTW, he said he's kicking around some flared fender ideas so perhaps they're on the way. I'm much more excited about the full fiberglass body :eek:

Bug@5speed(US) March 1st 2010 22:57

Wow,

That was a great write up.. learned quite a lot about the CCC outfit, that I did not know..
Look fwd to seeing and hearing more about the GL items.. the bumper looks very promising, and interesting.
VR
ALex

davetaylor March 2nd 2010 05:03

the gl bumper definitely has promise. he's building that one for a customer and then refining/perfecting the mold to offer it up to the public.

he also says he's kicking around some flared fender ideas, so maybe we'll have some high quality, easily obtained fenders here in the states.

Bug@5speed(US) March 2nd 2010 11:25

Dave,

The flared fenders would be a blessing.. or even some bolt on flares (had been kicking the idea to use some generic ones to mate to metal fenders) with the right radius to match the bug fenders..

Is the bumper a bumper cover or an actual bumper? Curious.
Alex

evilC March 2nd 2010 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bug@5speed(US) (Post 74607)
Dave,

Is the bumper a bumper cover or an actual bumper? Curious.
Alex

Its the mould isn't it?:rolleyes::D

Clive

davetaylor March 2nd 2010 11:53

it was a bumper cover as i recall, but he's a nice guy, give him a ring and see what he says. he can build one-off stuff too so if you have time and money you can get just about anything

evilC March 2nd 2010 13:20

No, I think its the mould for a bumper and spoiler (pic 12/12). The outside surface is laid up mat and resin and too rough to be any finish. The actual bumper I would expect to be moulded on the other side.

Pablo March 2nd 2010 16:56

Ive seen his fenders & bonnets and have to say the quality is outstanding.

Humble March 2nd 2010 22:08

I have that same bumper he's working on sitting in storage. I can't remember if I got it on ebay or from the GL for sale section.

bow March 2nd 2010 23:03

thats guys shop is awesome he like about ten min down the road from my house. hes an excellent guy

NO_H2O March 3rd 2010 09:29

I bought that (or the Orig. bumper/spoiler he took the mold from) and sent it to him to modify. I want something shorter than the Kamei to work on a lowered stance. He has been too busy to finish it yet. I still have hope but may have to do something els until it is done.

davetaylor March 3rd 2010 17:16

Apparently he still has your bumper on the brain since he showed it to me as something he's working on. Maybe it'll be done sooner than later?

NO_H2O March 3rd 2010 22:23

I would love to se it done. I asked him for the sddition of an oil cooler box like the old Porsche RSR and some brake cooling scoops. I think it would be a big hit with the GL folks. Dave is a very busy man so it has ben on the back burner

zen March 5th 2010 14:26

Nice article and Dave is indeed an nice guy...I just wish he would let me do something with that website!!!! :) It's due.

I can't say enough about CCC's quality even through an ownership change. I was a customer of Stu's (lived close by) back in 1984. That was my blue bug (my first car) you see on the front page and in other places. I had the widen fenders and some other bits. When building my current bug and deciding I was going with wider fenders again, I went right back to Stu...and the quality was still there 20 years later. I met Dave last year at a car show, talked, reviewed his parts...it is still there.

I really hope he can deliver on some custom parts us GL'ers would buy into even if it is a small market. The industry needs some new pioneers to stay alive. Get at it Dave!!!! And PLEASE Dave, if you are reading this, let me get ahold of your site. I'll cut you a good deal and ensure your web presence matches your quality brand reputation. Link in my sig.

volkdent March 5th 2010 18:25

That full fiberglass body on a tube chassis would just be seriously sick. Wonder what he'll sell it for?

Jason