GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Type 4 engine, stage 3 DTM and adapter flywheel. (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7574)

boygenius June 5th 2006 19:00

Type 4 engine, stage 3 DTM and adapter flywheel.

3 Attachment(s)
I have decided to start working on my bug again but I don't have the money to rebuild a type 4 engine. I want to either sell the engine shroud and flywheel and use the money to buy a running type 1 engine. I really don't want to have to ship these parts because they are either very heavy or very large and I really have no way of getting them to the post office or shipping dock.

1. Stage 3 DTM with the water cut aluminum sealing plates. $600 SOLD!!!

2. "GA" code 2.0 liter type 4 engine. The engine is in longblock form and I was told it has 80,000 miles on it. It has 3 stud heads. $250SOLD

3. New adapter flywheel to use type 1 clutches on the type 4. I lost the sealing o-ring at some point but that can be easily replaced. $200

Like I stated before I would like to sell these locally or trade them for a running type 1 engine. ( A low mile well built type 1 engine )

NOTE>>> I do not have regular access to a computer where I live so I can only check in maybe twice a week at best. please be patient with my responce time.

Brendan...

NO_H2O June 6th 2006 23:19

Just got off the phone with boygeius and the 2.0L engine is mine.:agree:

gsusmaniac June 7th 2006 08:52

DTM.... Definately interested! Please get back with me 772-538-8979

ERIK

zen June 7th 2006 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O
Just got off the phone with boygeius and the 2.0L engine is mine.:agree:

very cool. a great price for a great core from a great guy. ain't that just great.

gsusmaniac June 7th 2006 11:02

Anyone have his number?

oasis June 7th 2006 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen
a great price for a great core from a great guy. ain't that just great.

Yeah, just great. It would have been even greater if I got the core. :laugh: Just kidding. sort of. ;)

boygenius June 7th 2006 22:10

My project is finally starting to progress. I hope to find some time this weekend to work on it. I have most of a type 1 engine scattered all over a garage. If I find enough parts maybe I can make a running engine.;)

Pillow June 8th 2006 17:58

Who made the adapter flywheel? KEP?

If I had the $200 at the moment I would be all over it. :(

boygenius June 11th 2006 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillow
Who made the adapter flywheel? KEP?

If I had the $200 at the moment I would be all over it. :(

I think it is a KEP but I can't be sure. I can send you more detailed pictures in hopes you can identify it. All I know for a fact is that it is missing the crankshaft O-ring and it weighs 16 lbs. If you have anymore questions you need answered about the flywheel let me know.:)