GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Someone just updated thier profile (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8198)

NO_H2O December 11th 2006 09:35

Someone just updated thier profile

One of our members just updated thier profile with some new power plant information, both here on germanlook.com and the VKG website. Looks like the fat man in the red suit dropped off a MassIVe package for under the decklid.:agree:
Hope you enjoy the new engine and the cars new attitude. I'm sure it will bring out the Mr. Hyde in it.:laugh:

zen December 11th 2006 09:55

very, very cool. i can almost see his smile from here. congrats nigel.

vujade December 11th 2006 10:08

congrats Nigel... thats awesome man! :D

wrenchnride247 December 11th 2006 11:50

Nigel, Congrats! Now you REALLY need to install the "cup brace" from Lanner... before you break something. :laugh:

yellow73 December 11th 2006 14:08

Thanks guys,

Let me tell you it is a whole different car!!!!!:D :D

I have to get used to getting closer to the cars in front rather than the cars behind getting closer to me!!! Another aspect that I really like is the driveability of the engine. It can be driven easily at low revs and is OK at 35 in 4th...but when you open it up it is a whole different story. It is very torquey and has plenty of power. I am looking forward to getting the cup brace in.....I will post pictures of the engine soon.
Now if I could just get this stupid grin off my face!!!

massIVe 79 vert December 12th 2006 18:20

Nigel...glad to see you stepped up to massIVe power too! :D

Now if someone could get Jake's *** in gear and get MY engine finished, maybe I could drive with massIVe power too! :rolleyes:

zen December 13th 2006 10:02

Dear Jake, Please get off your a$$ and finish your wife's engine so she can drive with MassIVe power too. :D

yellow73 December 13th 2006 10:04

Beth,
Thanks. I do have a complete and running Type 1 in the basement.....maybe we could have a tech day and install that for you:laugh:

wrenchnride247 December 13th 2006 11:06

Ouch Nigel! That should get something going (good or bad :eek: )

yellow73 December 13th 2006 11:11

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pictures...

wrenchnride247 December 13th 2006 13:41

Looks like it was meant to be in that engine bay. Nice install Nigel!:agree:

yetibone December 13th 2006 19:39

That's good stuff Nigel. Glad to see it happen.

I like how it looks kinda stock until you look closer and see the shroud. Then you know, and thus you say "Hey dude, what'cha got in there? One of them big block Volkswagen engines?":laugh:

NO_H2O December 13th 2006 21:06

Good looking install. You are to be commended.:agree:

wrenchnride247 December 13th 2006 21:58

Hey, I think there's room for a plywood firewall in there Nigel :laugh: :laugh:

yellow73 December 13th 2006 22:41

Thanks for the kind words. I am going to pass on the plywood though Wrench!!!!!

I need to fix the backfiring through the carbs which it does sometimes usually after sitting idling in traffic for a while and then taking off and when it is cold. It seems to idle OK with an occasional skip or miss. It does not always do it but it is loud backfiring sometimes when I am accelerating!!!!