GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Gggggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4546)

NO_H2O July 4th 2004 21:08

Gggggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Why is it that when I'm waiting to catch the replay of the F1 race in the evening, I have to sift thru 3 different NASCAR(ie. WWF of motorsport, foot on floor-bare left) recap shows? How many times can you recap the Snoooooz-fest of racing's lastest event. I don't know if I can handle all that braking skill, shifting skill and cornering skill. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: I had to wake myself up by watching some WRC videos on the internet but I have seen them all twice each and just had to jump on here and vent.

Finaly,,,,the roundy-round crap is over and some real racing can now be viewed.
I will shut up and watch it.

boygenius July 4th 2004 21:18

What you may not know is that the nascar races are actually looped video.

They just show the same ten laps or so over and over again. :laugh:

Maybe I should make a copy of the video I have and mail it up to you before you go crazy... :eek:

NO_H2O July 4th 2004 22:34

So much damn NASCAR around here, I'm already crazy. Maybe I'll just go get me a Dale Jr. Bucket at KFC and some Bud and let out a big YEE-HAAWWW.
NOT

boygenius July 4th 2004 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O
So much damn NASCAR around here, I'm already crazy. Maybe I'll just go get me a Dale Jr. Bucket at KFC and some Bud and let out a big YEE-HAAWWW.
NOT

At least you are taking it well. :laugh:

Mikey 1972GL July 4th 2004 23:20

Hey Dave, next time your buddy Michael Walltrip is in town I'll be sure to tell him you said "hi" :agree: I know you're good friends.

Mike :laugh:

NO_H2O July 4th 2004 23:25

It's not the player, It's the game.

Mikey 1972GL July 4th 2004 23:26

Interesting...

Mike

NO_H2O July 4th 2004 23:29

I can't stand NASCAR. That dosn't mean I hate the drivers. Some of them can drive. They just don't get to show it. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Mikey 1972GL July 4th 2004 23:35

I understand. Point well made. :agree:

Mike

yetibone July 6th 2004 08:13

I understand your pain. We either have to wake up at 6:30am, stay up 'till 1:30am, or sit thru the NASCAR garbage until the replay comes on at 9:00 to see F1. Only 3 races are close to our time zone.

...but the French Grand Prix was SOOOO worth it this year. At least Schumacher had to work for the win, and Barricello had to work for just a podium spot.

Did y'all see the show where Jeff Gordon, and Juan Montoya switched cars? JPM was was fighting to say something tactful about having to drive a grocery getter around Indy's road course. :laugh:

NO_H2O July 6th 2004 08:18

Yep I saw that one :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Did you see the 2003 WRC highlight video? :agree:
Yes the F1 French GP was great. The pass Bericello made at the end was wild.

jhelgesen July 6th 2004 09:34

Yeah, breakfast with the F1 race was good on sunday, and I thought someone was gonna win other than Schumacher. What do I know.....

vujade July 6th 2004 10:15

Well I hate NASCAR too... but I think for me it sucks even more because I live in Daytona and we have to deal with having all those yee haws here a few times a year. Not just on TV!

I call the Daytona 500, the Redneck Super Bowl.... :D

yetibone July 6th 2004 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhelgesen
Yeah, breakfast with the F1 race was good on sunday, and I thought someone was gonna win other than Schumacher. What do I know.....

I was under the impression that Fernando Alonso had it in the bag, especially after Schumacher's 3rd stop for fuel was so early that he had to make a 4th stop before the end.

I must say, even for Michael Schumacher, pulling a 21 second gap in 20 laps is truly amazing!

NO_H2O July 6th 2004 11:58

I'm not on the Anti-Ferrari wagon yet. I remember all the years when they sucked in F1. Senna was great in his day and maybe the best ever. But watching Shuey is watching history in the making.