GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Body (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Anyone heard from Carbon Joe lately? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10188)

djmatio January 2nd 2010 16:44

Joe has sent me a PM and we will continue to work this out. Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep you updated on the situation.

-Matt

70Turbobug January 3rd 2010 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 73097)
Hey Mark,

Didn't Christian Stelzer make some real nice carbon parts lately?
Saw some adverts from him (in german though) on Boxergasse.de the other day iirc

Walter

Cool,I didnīt know Christain Stelzer has a shop.I didnīt see an ad on Boxergasse.com.Maybe on another website?

NO_H2O January 3rd 2010 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmatio (Post 73107)
Joe has sent me a PM and we will continue to work this out. Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep you updated on the situation.

-Matt

Cool.

djmatio April 22nd 2010 13:28

Update: I'm still waiting to hear back from Joe after discussing return of $$ or shipment of items. The issue at this point has still not been resolved. The last date we set for action has come and gone without a word from him.

volkdent April 22nd 2010 18:05

What was his excuse?

Jason

djmatio April 23rd 2010 11:10

I'm not going to get into the details, but one of his last PMs said that he was going to ship the goods out the last week in Janurary. Today is April 23rd and I haven't heard from him...

evilC April 23rd 2010 11:36

If there is a genuine reason for the delay then maybe it is time for his workload to decrease so that deadlines can be met. I for one can cope when someone says that they will deliver a part in six months and it arrives on time but irrespectve of how good they are, not meeting deadlines especially when given by the supplier is unacceptable.

Clive.

ricola April 23rd 2010 13:07

I'm amazed anybody orders stuff from Carbon Joe or Remmele....

owdlvr April 23rd 2010 13:35

Got other options?

-Dave

NO_H2O April 23rd 2010 15:49

I have seen Carbon Joe looged in to hese forums from time to time lately. I would hope he has read this thread. Also hope he comes thru for you.

djmatio April 25th 2010 14:45

Well, i still need running boards. I'm not really liking the normal type, but if I need something for my german looker. I don't know of any other options for carbon fiber running boards. Some type of newer modern rocker panel would look great, but those don't exist.

chug_A_bug April 25th 2010 18:22

why don't you make something out of steel adn use that as a mold and fiberglass it up... ;)
I'll be doing that some day in the summer I want something that looks Modern like jeffrey's in japan or like Remelle.

Chris.

petevw April 26th 2010 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 75556)
I have seen Carbon Joe looged in to hese forums from time to time lately. I would hope he has read this thread. Also hope he comes thru for you.

Me too.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by owdlvr (Post 75551)
Got other options?

-Dave

I met a guy locally that does carbon fiber work. He just did a pair of gloveboxes for me. Really nice. I'll post pics in my '52 build thread tommorrow. If the interest is there, i can take my carbon running boards (not carbon Joe's), and ask him to mold them up to repop. Are all running boards the same? Standards/supers?

How many people would be interested? I'm guessing 10 sets would make the price reasonable? Honestly, I have no idea, but can investigate the option if the interest is there.

Maybe some other parts too? This could open up some options for everyone......

Let me know,
Pete

chug_A_bug April 26th 2010 02:02

PETE I'M GAME on a SET.. save me from making something up lol....

Chris.

Oldskool1303 April 26th 2010 21:49

I'm in as well for some carbon fiber running boards