GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hurricane Charlie update... (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4725)

boygenius August 14th 2004 21:40

Hurricane Charley update...

Just thought I would let everyone know that even though the hurricane hit Daytona beach Vujade made it through the storm just fine. The power is out all over Florida including Daytona Beach so incase anybody was trying to get in touch with him you probably won't be able to.

P.S. the storm missed me completely, didn't even rain a drop, I went for a ride on my motorcycle...

super vw August 14th 2004 23:41

well thats good to here... i was wondering about all you guys over at the other end of the country.

Jonathan

jhelgesen August 15th 2004 07:15

We were in the same boat here in NC. Friday they expected it to run straight through the state, aiming for me. In the end, we barely got a drop of rain, the coast got more though. Oh well, there will be more.

boygenius August 15th 2004 09:16

There is another one on its way over from Africa right now and it is following the same path as the last two. Hopefully the the high pressure front the are predicting will keep the storm from coming north and doing a repeat...

vujade August 15th 2004 11:15

well guys, we are ok.
we just got power back last night at 2am. boy its nice to have ac agani :D

Mikey August 15th 2004 12:58

I'm glad to hear everyone is safe. :agree:

Supa Ninja August 15th 2004 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey
I'm glad to hear everyone is safe. :agree:

Me too, I am glad you'all are alright!

NO_H2O August 15th 2004 16:41

Glad to hear all is well with you two. 2 days of canceled flights to FL gave us lots of extra aircraft here in ATL to take car of. But that is much better than dealing with storm damage. We sent mechanics to FL. to work flights yesterday in MCO and TPA for those mechanics who evacuated. Sounds like some areas got messed up real bad.

zen August 15th 2004 20:43

glad to hear it guys. my last two days have been spent calling around to all my people down there checking on things. not one bad report which is very cool. even a friend who lives in Venice (less than 30 miles from Punta Gorda) only got some rain and high winds, but no damage. parents place in Naples was fine. good news for a bad storm.

funny how the news channels only seem to report from trailer parks. 90% of the nation must think that FL is nothing but trailers everywhere.

Supa Ninja August 16th 2004 19:41

I think Florida is 90% old folks :D

Nick

boygenius August 16th 2004 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
I think Florida is 90% old folks :D

Nick

It's great, after 9:00pm the roads are just about empty.

After 11:00pm and you are the only one on the road. :)