GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Eurofest (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7837)

Lazarus August 17th 2006 21:05

Eurofest

Ok all. i know its a little early but who is planning on making the trip to the BMW plant in Greer SC for this years show/autocross/festival. if you have any questions i will try to answer or you can check the site its www.euroautofestival.com

Massive Type IV August 18th 2006 07:12

Beth and I will be there..
We are planning on having her car finished for the event, but only time will tell if thats a possibility..

If the Spyder doesn't sell before then it'll be there too!

Lazarus August 18th 2006 08:02

cool jake,im looking forward to it.i got my pre-reg today. im gonna go ahead and fill it out and send it in.talked to NoH on the phone yesterday on the phone.he said he has had a 13mm wrench permantly afixed to his hand for a few weeks now.so he hasnt had time to make ant plans.i told him i was gonna make a thread.

yellow73 August 19th 2006 21:19

I hope to be there and am looking forward to it...

Massive Type IV August 21st 2006 07:21

Its looking good for Beth's car to make the show without serious rushing. I have been coming in at 0500 every morning working on it!

NO_H2O August 21st 2006 22:55

I'm planning on it. Should be a cool event.

zen August 26th 2006 12:38

i'll be there. i think we are going up satueday morning. my dad is cruising up in the speedster as well. we should all caravan if possible. i think my wife will be bring the Passat as well. probably won't show it though. her family lives 3 miles from the show (the plant is actually on old family land) and she will go visit.

autocross in their cars on Saturday or yours Sunday morning. the track is on site. the plant should be open as well, but no special tours this year. there will be TONS of bada$$ cars and looks like one hell of a VW statement. :agree:

Lazarus September 22nd 2006 14:25

ok im bringing this thread back. its about a month away but i really excited about the idea of everyone coming to what is the closest event to my home on the vw-related schedule. im looking forward to all who are planning to attend. maybe we can get together and go eat and hang out.

zen September 22nd 2006 15:16

i'm still in. i just emailed the leader of the pack with a big Georgia Tech (no comments, i could give a crap about one University vs. the next) contingent to see if they are going up to and want to caravan. will let you guys know.

wrenchnride247 September 22nd 2006 20:47

I should be there Saturday only (Farmington Drags on Sunday... gotta keep the rugrats happy)

NO_H2O October 11th 2006 23:09

I just took a 1-2 punch in the old wallet.

1- got my daughter a cell phone for her birthday and she gave us a $300 overage right out of the box. (she is on a short leash now and 1/2 her paycheck is going to the bill).

2- My wifes Jetta had a strange swooshing sound that turns out to be a timing belt that is tracking funny and wearing the side of the belt on the tensioner pully. It will be replaced on Monday ($350-$400 in parts).

So I will have to bow out of the Euro Auto Fest.:bawling:

yellow73 October 11th 2006 23:25

Dave,
Sorry to hear that you are not going, and I hope that Nancy's Jetta is not more serious.....

I plan to head up there Saturday morning early from Atlanta....who else is planning on going and are you staying for Sunday???

massIVe 79 vert October 12th 2006 11:11

Jake and I will be going in the Spyder. Probably leaving Saturday morning, so we could meet up with everyone else at the Commerce exit off I-85 and cruise the rest of the way together.

Not sure if we will stay for Sunday or not. We may just head on back late Saturday. Guess it just depends on the weather.....you have to make your travel plans carefully when you're in a car with no "lid". :cool:

Lazarus October 12th 2006 16:50

once again i am looking forward to everyone coming to my "home" event. dave i really hate youre not gonna make it, i understand that life sometimes get in the way.hope to see you all soon.

wrenchnride247 October 12th 2006 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenchnride247 (Post 53859)
I should be there Saturday only (Farmington Drags on Sunday... gotta keep the rugrats happy)

Still the same as previous post.