GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Whats your holiday project? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3549)

jhelgesen December 24th 2003 13:56

Whats your holiday project?

Mine are installing the exhaust and injection system on my 6 cyl 3.0, painting bumpers for the red and white bus, and putting down specs on paper for the EFI injection system I'm building for the Porsche.

New years I'm going junkyarding with my Bro-inlaw.

I'll try to get pictures of the bus and motor up today.

boygenius December 24th 2003 16:29

Sand blast chassis and weld up the holes I cut in the frame so that I could re-weld my clutch cable guide tube. And if I have time coat my chassis with POR-15.:D Oh yea I almost forgot I have to make a fire wall for my car to.:)

njv December 24th 2003 17:05

hi
just a couple of things to do! polish a set of 5 design 90,s polish a set of 5 pedrinis i cannot for the life of me decide wich i want to use so i will have to do both sets then see .

change out the oil lines to my cooler from metal braided lines to some real heavy duty hydralic hose lines .

carpet the front trunk.

take a peak at why my stereo has gave up on me:mad:

fit my electric fuel pump .

fit new rear brake shoes and front pads

make a central air box

o yea and just quickly respray a guy i knows mk1 golf!!!!

as well as keep the wife kids dogs happy:silly:

realistically i need to concentrate on the stuff i need daylight for i wouldnt be happy if i had nothing to do dont ya know.

happy holidays one and all

jhelgesen December 24th 2003 18:52

1 Attachment(s)
Picture of the 75 bus. As soon as I clean up the carb and install the seats and side panels, its up for sale. Late 2.0 t4, new tires, etc...

NO_H2O December 24th 2003 21:52

At the moment I am working on a bottle of Woodford Reserve. :drunk:
When I get the manual for the 901 it will go together.

DORIGTT December 24th 2003 22:07

I know this is probably verboten, but I'm upgrading the injectors, fuel pressure regulator and AFM in my BMW 325. Gets a little lean in the upper rpm range.

super vw December 24th 2003 23:28

Me, im working on my strut tie bar for my 1303. Paint is drying as we speak... i used some silver hamorite paint, i love the look of hamorite for some reson ;)

ill get pics posted once dry.

-Jonathan

Supa Ninja December 25th 2003 01:55

Replacing a cylinder head on the 14, and hopefully finish assembly of my Supa's 901.

Racelook December 25th 2003 08:42

-Getting al the rusty places out of mine bug
-Making a steel support for my fat aluminium wing on the back
-Thinking and maybe (if i have time left.. making) mine airscoop into the roof.

If there is still time left (I don't think so) then I can start to fit the Remmele-look airintakes in the sidepanels:D

But yeaaaaaah.. the holiday is al little bit short :silly:

Wiebrand

boygenius December 25th 2003 17:19

Sand blasting is almost done on the chassis so now it's time for a nap on the hammock, in shorts and a t-shirt. I love florida.:D

zen December 25th 2003 20:10

trying to find all of my parts and tools. :(

then...BAS header fitment, engine wiring and inginition system. i will be happy just to fit that in. if time allows, figure out how to get my hood back open and probably start gutting suspention.

yellow73 December 26th 2003 00:09

Just to bring it down a bit...I need to fit the new "genuine VW galvanized fuel tank" that is sitting in my garage so I can drive my bug!!!

NO_H2O December 26th 2003 12:43

Today I will mount the rear deck spoiler that I got for my wifes new Jetta TDI. I hate drilling holes in the body of a car. It took my 2 hrs to man up and drill the holes in Smack to mount the tag on the back (is that were I realy want it).

jhelgesen December 26th 2003 22:09

I'm this close to being p*ssed. Two days and I'm still fighting with the alignment of the exhaust of the 911. First the muffler stuck out 1" too far, now its too close to the engine. Going to the muffler shop in the morning to see if they can cut the cat bypass pipe and reweld it shortened. Grrrr, this should have taken 30 minutes.

NO_H2O December 26th 2003 22:21

Well I got the spoiler on and wired, looks great (wife loves it). I can't find my zip-ties to finish the job (need one). Thats what happens when you move everthing around. Tomorrow I will try to fix the turn signals on the Blue Bug. And find out why the truck battery is dead (some current draw).