View Single Post
Old April 13th 2003, 16:07

2.7L. or whatever. We're talking about a 10 lb. difference in the trans. making a difference. Whether you have a T4 or a T1 its still 10 lbs. My point with the T4 thing is that you really don't have a weight concern anyway. You said you'd use the mag case for the weight savings and sacrifice the strength. So why not use a T1 case and save some weight and sacrifice strength. A trans. is just as important as the engine. I'm no expert, but I know a 2.7 T4 is not a good choice for a "reliable street" engine. We also know that a T1 can't be built to the largest T4. Build a 1.9L T1 and a 1.9L T4. The T1 will get more power. My friend built a 1915 T1 turbo engine for less $$$ than an N/A, carburetted 2.7L, and will definitely out-perform it. AND....its streetable, not to mention it will last just as long if not longer. I have a 2276 T1 turbo engine that was around the same price as a T4 2.7 and will DEFINITELY outperform a 2.7L T1. Both engines have EFI, EMS, and dry sump systems included and are still cheaper. BTW.. I'm not against T4's either, I have one. So if you built a 1915 turbo T1, you'd be lighter, more powerful and would last just as long. AND you can still use the alu case. Again... I'm not saying mag cases are crap, I'm saying that the alum. is stronger. Its a fact. And 10 lbs. is really no big deal. There have been drag cars that use T1 boxes and they last for multiple seasons. The 915 overall is a strong box, mag or alum.

"If you are under control you're going too slow" - Parnelli Jones

Last edited by lightning bug; April 13th 2003 at 16:10.