View Single Post
Old August 1st 2003, 13:23

What about managing the airflow under the vehicle better? I'm thinking of venting the rear valence and ducting airflow through it which should if it is set-up correctly reduce lift at the rear. Also, if there were a way to (it has to be somewhat asthetically pleasing) take air hitting the lower front fascia and duct it to vent through the hood ala Porsche 996 TT that would do a superb job of redirecting airflow and creating negative lift up front I think.

Any thoughts?

I understand that this may seem overkill for our lowly VW's, but I believe that this is something that would benefit anyone who drives their VW at higher than average speeds. People usingf their vehicles for track events such as myself would probably appreciate the added stability that less lift/more downforce provides.

The Ghia doesn't look that good with a 'Combat' spoiler kit on it :silly: So what options does the Ghia driver have? The Beetle guys have it relatively easy when it comes to the spoiler department.

I'll be accepting drawings for a front spoiler/splitter design for my Ghia. So come up with some good ones for me

Thanks in advance

Kevin J Hale