View Single Post
Old September 2nd 2003, 06:09

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman
The problem you mention about the sway bar and control arms is due to lowering and has affected the caster. There is a special sway bar bushing by Topline Parts made for this lowering modification. It is a bushing that is offset to allow the caster to come back into factory specs.
Cool!Didn't know they thought of that as well! Want a set!

For my sake: caster is effected by the underside of the strut to move forward (and back) and camber is effected by longer or shorter control arms (moving of the strut left or right)?!
A caster correction on the sway bar mount at the control arm would then incorporate a mounting of shims or a more 'deeper' mount into the bushing to effect caster either way.
Off-set mounting in the control arm (more to the center of the car?) would help the sway bar to have its mounting points closer together resulting in moving with less friction on a lowered car, but that wouldn't effect camber IMO....?
This is sooo difficult to explain in writing...

BTW I really thought the two types of inner mounting were different spacially and that the later mounts were/are wider apart. You're probably right tho since you looked into this more than I have...

Thanks,
Walter