View Single Post
Old November 19th 2003, 00:09

the easy solution is to buy the A/F kit from john and then you can find out exactly where it is lean or rich. one test you can do is take starter fluid and spray down the intakes and anywhere you think a leak could be. if the engine revs up then you have a leak, if not, you probably dont. a good rule of thumb is to get your idle mixture screw where they are about 1-1 1/2 turns out. if they are like 1/2 turn ou then you might use the next bigger idle jet. if over 2 turns out then use a smaller idle jet. then once it can idle good within that perameter then go drive it and floor it when it comes off the idle circuit(around 3000 rpms) see what the engine does. if it blows smoke its rich. if it really losses power then it might be lean. but yes all engines are different. my 2.4 T4 runs on 50 idle 135 main 200 air. haven't messed with pump jet and all that other stuff. it feels good so i leave it alone. by the way, your airs are in the same stack as your mains. they are the top ones that the stack holder slips over. i have to go so i can't explain more but hope that helps.

SAM