Thread: Solo 1 Racing
View Single Post
Old September 23rd 2002, 21:13
Administrator

Talking Solo 1 Racing

Hi all,

For 2003, this is my goal.. http://www.soloontario.com/solo1.htm

Its called Solo 1 racing. It does not matter what type of car you drive, but depending on the mods you have, you could be racing a honda civic to a 911 TT.

Its circuit racing against time, only you vs the clock. At the end of the day, the best laptime is taken and that determines who wins the class. I'm hoping to get a 914 2.0 into my bug this winter so it should be interesting....

It should be a great test for a GL !

Any thoughts on what I should be doing suspension wise ? I'm looking for an adjustable front and rear swaybar setup...do I even need a rear sway bar ? I'm going to replace all of the suspension bushings this winter as well.

I have to replace my front shocks (they are shot) and while I'm at it, I'll replace the rear. I'm keeping the stock beetle trailing arms for now.... not going to replace with 951 alu arms. I'm going to go without the rear cup brace to start with.

Hopefully Alex will be my grease monkey while I drive !! Is anyone else in the GTA up for this challange ? It would be cool to have at least 2 cars competing. I have the tools and we could share the wrenching on each others cars.

Any thoughts on setup ?

Thanks.

Sandeep