View Single Post
Old January 12th 2004, 07:29

Pillow, not sure my mounts were stock. The top one looked stock in shape, but the welds holding it on didn't. The lower mount definately looked like it had been cut off and welded back on the arm. Why he did all that ? The lower part of the shock body was in a bind (angle of the shock in the mounting cup) at ride height. So much in fact, it dented and rubbed a hole in the shock body. It had bug sized GR-2s. Why did he do all that welding on the mounts only to have the shock in a bind so bad it ruined the shock???

Uhhmm, did you say too low? You can get one too low? Seriously, mine won't be that low either, you can quickly get impratical and multiply your headaches trying to get too low. You and I share the same thought, low is cool but suspension has to work and we like to use our buses also.

The clamp ons rock! Being able to rotate them a little to correct camber is the cat's pajama's! You might have to slot your spring plate mount holes to correct toe though (if they're not already slotted).

Pics of progress are nice to look at. (hint, hint )
VKG Bastage child