View Single Post
Old May 2nd 2004, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4400
Now I'm even more confused. I though the porsche fan cools the cyclinders and heads better?? I know it uses a little more power, but that was fine by me as long as it cooled better. Which is the best way to go about cooling the engine better??

Here are a few things to consider. The 911 fan was designed to cool a 6 cylinder engine and not a 4 cylinder engine. It pushes more cfm than can flow past the cylinders and heads. You can slow the fan speed down to correct the cfm for a 4 cylinder but then you run the risk of under charging the battery. The other thing to consider is that the 911 kit shrouds don't have any directional vanes inside them to direct the air to where it needs to be. One side of the engine may get more air than the other side of the engine and thus cause a temperture difference. Since it takes more power to run you need to give the engine more throttle while driving to maintain speed so the engine is under more load and therefore running hotter. An engines operating tempurture is infuenced by more than the cooling system used. It is influenced by compression ratio, cam choice, carb jetting, fuel grade, ect...
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe