Thread: 15" vs. 17"
View Single Post
Old May 27th 2004, 23:00

Hey Nick,
My Super is still under construction, and while it was still road worthy I had upgraded the suspension. To be able to fully appreciate the new found handling I upgraded the front tires to the trick Continental 175/55R15's. They fit perfectly on 5 1/2"ers I had zero rubbing issue's, they only groaned under the most extreme cornering abuse. I was running 135's so anything worked better. I can't describe how good those tires stuck to the road, your just going to have to take my word on it. Physically they were quite a bit wider then 135's and they lowered my front end about 1/2". And they stuck good on wet surfaces as well.
There are two negatives to those tires, 1)cost-I paided $150 a pop, and 2)availability-when I purchased them a while back they were only run on the Smart Car which isn't availible in the US and the tires were shipped from Germany by CSP, USA. I don't know if they are still available due to lack of demand but if you can find them and can spare the duckett's you'll be happy with them.

Nick