Thread: F'ing VWoA
View Single Post
Old July 27th 2004, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
Rene (sorry bout not knowin how to do the astrick thing above your name)
Holy cow! You must've dug up an old post of mine to get René. In my early posts, I was engulfed in paranoia between (1) being at a new site, (2) being spammed to death at AOL, and (3) coming off of some very annoying experiences with identity theft -- if someone can be between three things at once.

René is actually my middle name. I don't mind it being used at all but I tend to use it or some sort of combination of things if I want to catch a source of something (works wonders with junk mail being addressed to me). And the "e" with the right-to-left, down-swooping accent over it is made by pressing the <Alt> key while punching in <1>, <3>, and <0>.

Quote:
What does this thread have to do with GL's almost nothing
That's why it's "off topic."

Quote:
They don't want to be associated with a war based toy line, I guess somebody frogot their history.
Well, Nick, my mother was a Nazi. I don't mean that because she wouldn't let me cross the street 'til I was 14 -- that's a separate issue LOL -- I mean she was a genuine Nazi. A secretary for a German general. Could've been one of Hitler's secretaries. Although not Nazis, my paternal grandfather and uncle were no great shakes either.

Don't you think I might have incentive to put a little extra distance from my history?

We just went through a bunch of crap at work about celebrating our heritage. I said, "My heritage is what I make out of my future. I have little knowledge and even less interest in the sperm/ovum lineage that led to my existence." My response was no doubt more curt than necessary but I'm pretty sick of all of the teeter-tottering of We are all the same; we are all special in how we are different mantras.

Anyway, I will have a look at the links you gave me this evening.

-Dennis René Weikel (a.k.a. oasis, et al)