View Single Post
Old September 22nd 2004, 13:52

3d project need your photos

Hey guys I have been wanting to build a 3d model of a bug for some time now. I finaly got 3d Studio Max up and running and I am going to build a 3d model of a german look bug. This way i can try out some of the ideas i have in 3d first before i do it on my bug.

Here is what i need your help for. My bug is still in TX and i am in Indy. I have two cars a 64 bug and a 73 1303 I would like to model the 1303 first. I need some photos of your 1303 to do the project. here is a list of photos i need.

Front shot from about 6 feet away taken so that yoru eye level is at the dash board.
Side shot far enough back to get the front and rear of the car in the frame but not any farther back

Rear shot taken about 6 feet back again about eye level same as the front shot.

If you have a tripod and can set it up and take some pictures like this for me i would really appreciate it.

Ok now for the hard shot. Over head looking down on the car needs to be from right over the center of the car and just high enough to get the car in the frame of the picture.

and then come detail shots I need close up of fenders from front, side, top and back.

As i progress on the model i may request more shots of an item so that i can model it.

When the model is all done and i can then render it I will be able to do requests so if for example you want to see a diffrent set of wheels on a car from a low angle i can set up the model and render it out for you. This will aslo make for some cool shots for shirts and other items i want to make.

Thanks for your help i look forward to seeing some pictuers

PS if you have an early car i will take those photos too I want to build a model of them too.

plans

power 13b Turbo Rotary 300 hp
Wheels 18" turbo twists
inside Sparco blue racing seats
Sparco pedels, wheel, and shifter nob

Sparco Rep Andrew @ www.pilotracegear.com Good deals on Sparco stuff