View Single Post
Old August 16th 2005, 02:17

Latest on the vert!

Beth and I have been working for the past 3 weekends on the vert and have made good progress. Since we got it back from paint we have really only been able to get some trim pieces installed and fight those DAMN window seals and weather stripping.

This is the part of the restoration that I was dreading the worst because I am NO GOOD at it! I have done many hard tops in my time but all the crap that a vert has to work with is totally out of control. I now only have one more window to install and then pop on the top frame for alignmant purposes and its off to the interior shop for a full custom interior and a handmade canvas top.

This week I hope to get the remaining window installed and the top frame in place and everything aligned so we can install a ton of the other things and bolt on the fenders and etc and then it'll get a full dose of Line X in the cabin, engine bay and front trunk from our old buddy shagenwagen.

We have decided to go with a full set of digital instruments from www.dakotadigital.com as well as a really sweet satellite radio set up that will free up a ton of dash space for the added instruments.

We are hoping to get the carbon fiber accent pieces and the firewall this week and get on with their installation into the car as well.

It's been a long time since I have restored a car the right way I am normally so tied up with HP that I don't give the rest of the carmuch attention....

Mechanically we have all the front end stuff finished along with the disc brakes and MAXX struts. we were just going to run the drum brakes in the rear until I happened up on a sweet deal for a rear race grade kit that will now find its way onto the back of the car.

I am waiting to build the tranny untiil the engine is finished and dynoed so I can absolutely perfectly gear it for the ultimate gas mileage and perfect shift points.

The goal is to build this entire car in 100 days- we took it apart about 40 days ago so I'd say we are doing just fine considering the amount of detail thats going ito every aspect of it.

For updates on the Super 2 Liter engine- stay tuned.

REMEMBER: This is a GIRL'S CAR! Don't let her end up on your bumper, you might get really embarassed!

For more pics go here http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/Home_Page.htm