Thread: 18" tramlines
View Single Post
Old September 4th 2005, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy
hi just looking for some advice ,i am wanting to buy some bbs lm alloys but they don't 17" with 130 pdc 's they do 18" x8.5 but i have been warned off these as i am told it will make the car tramline ? if this is not the case any idea's for the et's , im running 2" narrowed beam up front with cb dropped spindles and empi disks on an irs back end ,i am told this increases the track width by 22 mm per side on the back which looks about right as the wheels are sat flush with the rear fenders (got 914 5.5 fuches on at the moment ) any way any infomation would be greatly appreciated
just as an update i have found a german company that will make some 18x7 rims for the front and any size i want for the back, i know18x7 will go under stock fenders, on the front ,but they will make any offset i want within reason so anyone got some ideas on what would be the ideal optimum offset ,
also do you recon 8.5,9or 10's for the back?i thought maybe make the dish a bit deeper at the back to make it look mean lol