View Single Post
Old September 13th 2005, 10:21

Potential Group buy Camber Plates SB, please read

After reading many posts about camber issues with using the Maxx Struts or similiar and the 944 spindles.. I decided to contact a reputable vendor on the scooby side. He is experienced with 944, and Subarus. He recently as been trying to address an issue for the subaru folks about camber plates that do not increase front ride height, which is a result of the front top mount design.

I decided to contact Myles from http://racecompengineering.com/ to see if he would be interested in looking at our problem space and be willing to work with us. He is located in MD which is not to from me in NJ. I offered to send him what ever he would need ie strut tops early and late and struts.. as well as we could leverage from some of the road going vehicles to get better opinions..

From speaking with him.
I spoke to my partner and we would need a minimum order of 25 or these to do this, otherwise its not cost effective. I know the price would be about the same as the Subaru is now at 395.00 for a set of fronts.

We have MANY projects in the works, and a coilover shootout for a magazine coming up. This isnt really our market, BUT, we like the idea. If you think you can get this type of interest in advance and get people interested would be consider it.

Let me know your thoughts.

best regards,

Myles Williams

www.GTWORX.com

Racecomp Engineering LLC.
9123 Old Annapolis Rd Suite 103w
Columbia, Md. 21045

410-730-RACE showroom
410-730-5503 fax
410-707-0108 mobile
myles@racecompengineering.com

I have enclosed some pics of the subaru ones so that you all could see the quality of product that Myles does.. He is a very reputable vendor on the boards and a fellow racer, so he understands function over form..

Let me know what you think, and if we could get 25 people then we may have a shot.

PS I have nothing to gain here.. Just trying to help solve problems.. The above number is a planning number, we would have to factor shipping from MD to where ever.. I invite the overseas folks also..

If we need to we can open this to the superbeetleonly guys.. I am hoping that we can design on top mount that will work with both early and late.. but we will have to see where the interest lies..

Let me know.. and lets toss ideas around..
Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RC_Camber Plates.jpg (82.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg installed_closeup_small.jpg (73.7 KB, 81 views)