View Single Post
Old January 27th 2006, 10:25

Group Buy for VW Speed (issue 02/2006)

I am currently looking into the subaru SOHC 2.2 Lt N/A engine conversion to mate to my soon to be going in 901 5 speed.

I am trying to planning on getting the current issue of the german magazine VW Speed (issue 02/2006). There is a 5 page spread, in German of a VW with this such conversion. Since I am getting one for myself, I figured I put it out to everyone in the US, and Canada.

I could serve as a HUB, and pick up 5-10 issues, based on interest, and funds can be fwd to me.. I inturn will International M/O to Germany.

Price will be Mag plus Shipping. Not sure on price, but I would figure about 10 buck (due to currency exchange plus few bucks for shipping)

If anyone is interested let me know and i will add your name to the list. Figure we should do this ASAP, so lets take no more than a few days (7) to close this and I will collect funds and Mail to Germany..

From initial research it seems this engine is rated around 140-150 HP, SOHC and not turbo. Not sure if this is a semi, or closed deck design as the turbo varient, but I would assume open, which doesn't make it a good candidate for turboing due to thin wall design. Based on specs looks to mate well with a 901.

With the SOHC looks like minimal cutting of the rear apron, as well as luggage rack.. but need to confirm

Buying one of these engines used about $600-1000 seems a lot cheaper than modifying my 1800.

There is more to this, but this is not the thread.

Again let me know.
Alex