View Single Post
Old February 27th 2006, 08:08

Since CIP is a retailer, I would guess they are dependent on whoever the manufacturer of the cables is on supplying them. It is possible CIP knows.

There are two options. CIP has a "Wish List" tab at their site. I don't know exactly how it works but in many cases with Internet retailers you add the items you want to this list similarly as you would if you were adding them to a basket for checkout. When the items come in, you are notified by e-mail.

Some retailers even give priority to those who express interest through their wish list and in order of registering. Some don't. A wish list is not a commitment to buy like a backorder as such. I am not sure of CIP's policy.

Because a wish list is not a commitment to buy, you are free to search for other alternatives.

The other option is e-mailing CIP at customerservice@cip1.com.

There was an item I wanted in December they didn't have then. Although I didn't use their wish list, that part became available a couple of weeks ago. This is probably not comparable since this item is probably not from the same manufacturer or supplier, but it gives me confidence that if they have it listed they do expect to have it again in the future.