View Single Post
Old June 1st 2006, 04:03

If (and when) I have a 1303, I will go with a smaller, racing style wheel. I investigated everything to some degree before I bought my 1302 thinking I was going to buy a 1303 first. If I were going to do little or nothing with my 1302, I still might consider one like the Millenium. As I said earlier, it was a quick favorite of mine.

I haven't totally decided in what direction I am going in with gauges for my 1302. There are many great ideas on this site alone. I will likely "borrow" some of them for my own. Whatever, it is likely my front panel that currently houses the stock speedo and speaker plates will be needed. A Millenium would likely obstruct my view partially side-to-side.

Billet steering wheels caught my eye -- especially for a few ( ) extra bucks one could get a custom design. The more I thought about it, the more I realized billet wouldn't fit in with the carbon fiber/kevlar theme I had originally and would also look out of place in the 1302 I currently have.

Another concern I had was temperatures and billet steering wheels. Baltimore can get uncomfortably hot in the summer and uncomfortably cold in the winter. I wouldn't want my steering wheel greeting me that way as well. (I also wouldn't want to actually keep gloves in my glove compartment either.)