View Single Post
Old August 16th 2006, 13:26

Thanks for the reply Lanner!

I forgot to mention that I'm planning on using Maxx Struts from Topline.

As to the 2 bolt vs 3 bolt for the '73 front strut, I don't know as of right now. I'll have to check. If it's 3 bolt, am I out of luck? Or it's just more involved? Or another thought is - can the 3 bolt be "converted" to 2 bolt? For example take the struts, spindles, and bottom arms from a '74 - '79 Super Beetle - is it a bolt on conversion? Or something else can be done?

As to getting a more detailed price on the brakes, it's not needed as of yet. I do appreciate the ball park cost though. That helps immensely for planning!

Sadly my plans were completely turned around from doing the brakes, wheels and suspension first. Then worry about the engine. Oh well, can't control everything! Brakes and wheels are next on the list ... however, that won't happen till next year I think.

And lastly, will check with the wife as to timeframes ... but I think you'll be getting an order for some KCB's in the near future

Ok, this is last ... and should the tie rods be done once the wheels / tires have been done? Or can do now with no adverse affects (or is that effects?!)?

Thanks!
-Aaron

Last edited by iamstumper; August 16th 2006 at 14:31.