Thread: DS Pump
View Single Post
Old October 15th 2006, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
We are trying to find out what is the best solution for my type 4. DS in my situation is not needed. I agree on that,
but is DS the best solution or not,
IMHO, DS is always best. There are several reasons why you don't often see it tho. Complexity and cost are one and wet sump being 'enough' in most applications is another.
Funny thing is, the one reason Brian mentioned as a minor one: windage advantages of DS, is a pretty major one for me. IMO, the bigger the engine and the higher the rpm's, the more windage becomes an issue that DS can help with. I think the windage advantages of DS will give a few hp's extra as an end result (the extra gears cost hp first..)
Quote:
and if yes, which part are the best and should we use? That's what is important to us.
Well, a rough guide is 'you get what you pay for'. Cost of different DS pump I have adressed in the earlier posts as you may have read
Quote:
Funny to read from your hand that Brian and I ‘over think’ it to much. If there is one person who will not affiliate anything without hard evidence, it’s you.
Well, then that should tell you something No, but seriously, its just my opinion on an internet forum. For real info, ask a professional who's business is it to warrent his engines and backed up by hundreds of builds. I am just as a hobbyist.
Quote:
Others experience with DS and the Schadek pump is just not enough for us this time.
Thats too bad. I regard others experience very highly, depending of course who's it is, but in general, I think theory is highly overrated and real life experiences of actual users count for everything in my book...
Therefore, I take for instance Sandeep's descriptions of his experiences very serieus and regard them as highly valuable, especially since fellow hobbyists like Sandeep have NO alternative motives (commercial ones for instance) to make up story's or tell it any other way than as it really is.
Quote:
We want to know for sure.
Sorry, no guarentees when you build something yourself. Also, there are too many variables to be sure of anything when you are tuning at this level with some of these unique parts.

We both know what the person who designed your engine does for a living and what his experience and skills are. Then ask yourself this: when the person designing this combo chose these exact parts, you can either trust his judgement or don't and alter parts of the combo. If you choose the latter option, thats fine also but the question of wanting to be sure gets a little academic then in my book

Regardless, it will probably be an awesome engine anyways
Best regards,
Walter