View Single Post
Old August 16th 2007, 04:55

I always have the worst luck leading up to events.

Fishers Dyno day/Florida Bug Jam couple years ago. Put my car up on the Dyno here in Toronto and break a rocker shaft on the roller rockers. Thrash all night installing a new set of 1.4’s (non-roller) only to find out the pushrods are a little too long.

June Jitter bug last June, driving around the night before in Toronto, and smoke the fuel pump for the EFI.

Greg’s cruise last year, day before car is running terrible, like a fouled plug. Change plugs and find loose/cracked intake manifold. Thrash at my friends shop to get it welded and back together again. Fire it up, and fuel line bursts. All nighter lets me attend the cruise.

This years Bugfest, decide to toss on the 15’ steelies. Crack the lugnuts loose on all the rims except the last McGuard keyed locknut which broke on the stud. Buried pretty deep, with no room. Chromies and tuner lugnuts. So decide since its still tight, leave it alone, run the 17’s for this weekend, and deal with it next week. Probably drill out the stud with a carbide drill. So now that the keyed socket is munched, need to buy 4 more spline drives to replace the the keyed locknuts. Not going to run the keyed nuts anymore. So all 4 will now be the same. So checked with everyone around town and nobody has them in stock. Performance Improvements can get them in for Fri afternoon. I hope they show!

So what HP will my stock 1600dp with 36 Dells put down?

Car with the Corrado G60 Steelies and Drag Radials (last year) :

Last edited by petevw; August 16th 2007 at 07:03.