View Single Post
Old November 28th 2007, 00:15

Facing forward

Hi, its facing forward. I have seen many of us (including myself) trying to get it right. When I installed that lip (which is 1" or 25.4mm) height) my attempt is to force the air passing over the roof (heightest point on the roof) to not so much to cause drag, but rather push on the lip. I'm hoping for the force to aid in a down force, yes it will deflect upward, but push on the lip. I don't know what the out come will be, however I'm this works in con-junton with a front air dam. I did not like the ideal of have something glued on at 120mph weather it worked, worked good or just caused drag, go flying off and hit something. If I ever get that car running, I will post what it feels like at 120 going to Vegas.

Not only that, I heard somewhere that as air pass over the deck lid area at high speeds, there is lift of the rear deck lid, something like how a shirt lift up on the back of a motocycle rider. So I reversed louvered my deck lid to catch air and release it into the engine compartment and below the license plate.

Last edited by effvee; November 28th 2007 at 00:31.