View Single Post
Old August 26th 2009, 17:48

The gasket is in so clearance should not be an issue, I do have light scoring so that is normal. When I had in my 96 plate cooler in the front of the car my pressures where 20-30psi. When I moved the cooler to the back instead it was a little better. I removed the 96 plate cooler and ran the oil lines straight from the sump tank to the inlet of the pump and and I had crazy pressures. For every thousand RPM I was getting 10 PSI. Example: 5000 RPM = 50 PSI / 3000 RPM = 30 PSI. To me this means that my cooler had a block somewhere. I then installed an RX7 cooler and installed it because I read on different post that this was the way to go to get better performance and cooling. I installed the RX7 cooler and when I measured my pressures, I got 4000 RPM it was 35 ish RPM. My mind is now set on the RX7 cooler and will be keeping it in the car after I install a couple of fans for it. I will be removing the thermostat from the messa because the RX7 cooler has an inline thermostat.

I will also check the the Tang because I didn't do any clearing for the drive Tang on the rear of the pump a little bit to match the slot in my cam gear.

I really hope this will solve part1 of my issues.

Sandeep at start my pressure was not even close to 60 PSI, is that the norm, is mine too low? At idle I was getting 20 - 23 PSI's..........Hmmmmmmmm