View Single Post
Old January 9th 2010, 16:55

Thats why Riechert made his own fan ring, no brackets needed underneath.
The factory Porsche alternator is better suited for a horizontal conversion compared to the aftermarket Ahnendorp fan. The attachment/bracket would consist of a ring with the same diameter and the six holes as the alternator has in the rear. this ring is then welded onto the 4 legs that bolt up to the engine block, nothing is in the way of airflow in this configuration.
The Ahnendorp one is using an ISKRA Golf style alternator with x4 5mm bolts and a stepped housing, therefore almost impossible to adapt the previously mentioned. thats why I welded some brackets to the rear as well as to the left and right
I have thought of this for a while now and gonna change the attachment to a front and rear support only. Should not be too hard to do, a machined piece of aluminium with the radius of the fan housing bolted up to the pulley bracket and welded onto the ring should take care of that.

Looks like the Riechert fan is a little higher than my one. Have you measured the top edge of a fan blade (lets say if it is pointing to the left) to the top of the engine block?
Cheers