View Single Post
Old March 8th 2010, 23:01

Thanks for all the replys guys. I am still waiting on my front rims to get the tires mounted on them. I did get the rear rims with the tires mounted and here is a picture of those. 17x7.5 with a 205-50-17 Hankook V12's

I will keep the pics coming as I get the rims back from the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McSmith View Post
New here and have a ton of questions, but I'll start with just one. Tell me about your experience running 7.5 rims- I've read alot about reduced turning radius with wider rims- Is this because of interference issues with the tires, or having to do with the footprint of the tire?
Hey bob,

getting a 7.5 inch rim under a stock fender is not all that hard. BUT the turning issue is another story !! We had the cup II's on there and narrowed the beam 2.5" to get the rims to just tuck with NO spacers. As far as the turning I have maybe and I say maybe, half turning radius. So with it being my daily driver I found these wheels. They are Porsche Cayenne v6 wheels. They are all 17x7.5's so I sent out the front 2 rims to get narrowed to 17x5.5's. I think this program will work a lot better for a stock fender application.