View Single Post
Old October 22nd 2010, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
I think it came out excellent especially considering where you painted the car.YouŽll never get it 100% if your not in a steril envoronment.Even in paint booths youŽll have some dust or dirt specs.I wouldnŽt try to put another coat on,honestly.I would see if that can polished out.If you spray again,youŽll risk more contamination.Just my opinion - I donŽt think it will get any better,thatŽs as near to perfect as your gonna get painting in a garage.
Thanks, Turbo. It too think it came out pretty good for spraying in my garage, minus a couple things. However, I'm going to sand out the urethane wave, dust and bug, and I'll lay one more wet coat. It should come out somewhere between looking like a factory finish and a cut and buffed paint job. This is how I will paint the entire car. I really don't plan on cutting and buffing cause $ is tight right now and I don't have the equipment to do so. If I can get the finish to look like that minus runs, bugs and whatnot, I'll be happy. I noticed when I laid the first coat, there was minimal dust and it was nice and flat. After 4 coats, dust gets kicked into the paint and urethane wave appears. So doing the extra coat of clear should yield better results.