View Single Post
Old January 10th 2011, 20:59

Onix,

With regard to the binding, did not see any.. I was trial fitting everything and was playing with how many shims to use.. The reason I say this is, as I ground down the red ureathan bushing, it was sitting deeper in its pocket, so I did not get a chance to figure out how many shims I needed for the bolt to clear. Also when you do this you may need to get longer bolts as well as some washers since you will be playing (messing) with how the spring plate sits flush on the torsion bar.

Just as I was getting all this sqared away it got cold, so I did not finish.. now with 20" of snow and 5 ' drifts that ain't happening for a few months.. I am expecting some snow tomorrow so not to happy..

Lastly seems like something had nicked the Torsion bar housing on the beetle and now I need to clearance the housing a little as there is a piece of metal that rubs the Spring plates.

As far as welding, I wanted to keep the adjustablity.. so I did not opt for that.. I see what you mean, seems feasible if you can well properly..

I really wanted the MBT setup but it was out of my reach $$ on this go round with everything else needing attention..

Hope to have more to report later as it warms up.. I got my rears arms all cleaned up except for the CV but they do look nice...

Take care,
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463