View Single Post
Old April 18th 2011, 10:12

Hi,

I know in the States that is the common way to break-in an engine. I have read a lot about it and also Jake pointed my attention to this. However I understand the "why" in Europe it is not so popular. I don't know how did you do yours but I know a few engines that skipped this method and all of them still run great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
My question is, are you to believe that things won't go even more wrong?
That is a good question. One hand if something is really wrong, it may cause major failure I know. On the other hand engine never ran without oilfilter, and no metal was found in the oil. + Jake says the lifters will be hardened till the break-in period ends. -> can't decide, lack of experiences.

Yes, the complete valvetrain is from R.A.T., I wanted to purchase a complete set to avoid this kind of issues..but I called him "seller" bacause I really don't want anybody to feel that I'm saying it is Jake's fault, he is selling poor quality products or something like this. I just wanted to show you the facts and ask for your advice. As you can see on his website all the lifters has the oil hole and all of them are parkerized before be selled.

The question is if it's a "user error" and we did something wrong or I'm just unlucky with this set of lifters (like the guys who help building the engine had similar issues with Schleicher and Scat parts as well). **** happens, no one can guarantee what" going on during the production. The bad thing I can't buy a new set of them

Last edited by Bogara_ZO; April 18th 2011 at 10:32.