View Single Post
Old August 17th 2002, 12:54

I take your point about speed.

I think its more a technology thing. Most of what I would call german look cars are running higher tech brakes/suspension etc. T4 is a choice we make based on looks (cant beat the look of a porsche fan ) and performance WITH reliability. I have been told that a well built T4 should last a lot longer than a well built T1 lump.

I dont want to pidgeon hole or anything like that, because someone always has a car that is german look (or whatever) but not done the normal way that makes you redefine the way you think of the look. Thats what keeps me amused sometimes, seeing the way a look evolves and changes over time.

Hmmm... Perhaps we should all try and put together a history of the german look (as much as we can anyway). Would be an interesting article for the site, with nice pictures of GL through the ages.

Anyone up for it? Group effort in one thread with a clear title. I dont have much in the way of material or anything, but some of you out there must have....

Sorry for the long post...

Take it ez,
Sam C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.