View Single Post
Old September 27th 2012, 04:04

I think it has become more and more obvious from the input of many who drive their bugs on tracks, be it dragrace - or circuit tracks, that some sort of rear spoiler, be it to just only reduce or eliminate lift, is paramount. If only for safety reasons.

Of course, I rather not use one as well. I sooo much prefer the understatement of a stock (ish) beetle. You could even bring that back to the german-look - and I deliberately use the term G-Look here as you may notice. Stealth-style, understatement or 'mehr sein als scheinen' in my best german, is very much part of the german-style or '-look' so you like, imo. So, just for that, I would prefer NOT to use a wing. I have tried on and off in the past, but to be honest, and I think the testimony of Humble describes it best, its just not safe if you go up to the speeds mentioned.

What solution for this everybody uses depends on their cars, suspension set-ups and lots of other things.
I already have made some sort of contraption out of the 'street-wing' that I got from aircooled.net some years ago and I think I will develop that a little further as I like the position it now has (higher and not too wide) on my car, also considering the intercooler placement.
I'll sure keep you guys informed here ;-)