View Single Post
Old September 29th 2012, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Ive been following the latest comments here recently as I find the aerodynamics of a bug quite interesting.Have you got any pics of the rear or underside of your car Spannermanager.
Hi Mate, nothing with any detail, black just makes a lousy picture as all the detail is lost, this rear shot is curtesy of the apex festival,but its hard to see all the venting, the Red Maguire Imp is also exploiting open deck theories. I run various fairings underneath, all a bit crude as they get damaged often when running low to the deck, its smooth underneath all the way through to the rear torsion housing and rear ARB where there are more fairings, the ARB and mountings have to go next, Porsche style mounting is no good on a track car, its far too low, there are no jack points or lower 'a' arm shock mounts either, the a arms are flipped to improve the camber, nice and clean for the air, it will be flat bottomed right the way through over the winter, special parts are a pain in the butt when they get damaged!! you have to start all again, you also have to plan your hard points to jack the thing up quickly, and also carry ramps to meetings etc etc. I love it all tho', heres the Apex link,http://www.apexfestival.co.uk/event/Circuit_Racing.html