View Single Post
Old January 24th 2010, 22:22

That gap is not supposed to be there, or perhaps it should have been drenched in that seam sealer that's "seamingly" for free in Mexico. No offense to Mexican people here, you know what I mean.

To illustrate a bit further, the brake system is complete upto the last genuine Porsche nut and bolt, 993 RS calipers, discs, electro-hydraulic brake force amplifier and pump (otherwise it really makes no sense to fit these brakes), 924S rear hubs (used), 968 Clubsport front hubs, adaptors for the front calipers from Alex Niederfahrenhorst (-almost- used) and brake lines of mostly a 968 Clubsport. Complete including the hand brake shoes and all hardware etc. The amplifier on the RS amplifies just a tad less than on "regular" 993s and the rear calipers have slightly smaller pistons than the 993 Turbo, freely translated: better suited to a Bug.

Out back I have the 924S/944/968 alloy arms without holes for the ABS sensors, also used, I'm trying to live with that. I have urethane bushings from Topline but I'd rather have the genuine VW rubber bushings, still on my list. These are on 25.5mm 968 Clubsport torsion bars, along with the (genuine Porsche) yellow Koni's with the 968 CS helper springs. I think the springs will not clear the body, so I may have to resort to 944 Turbo Koni's without the springs. Matching Opel Yellow Koni's for the front. I have a Käfer Cup brace that is very nicely (German) made out of aluminium, Tafel brackets for it are still on my list.

For the front I was hoping to use the beam that comes with the car, but since I have no idea as to when I'll actually be able to go get one I am looking for a genuine VW beam with all the surroundings, CSP sells an adjustable beam based on a new VW unit (vs. a sloppy Puma beam) that sounds like it has my name on it, I can't use dropped spindles with the RS calipers .. I think. Any experience with the Sway-A-Way torsion leaf sets out there?
2005 VW LT 35 2.5 TDI

www.karrera.net

Last edited by verbeekb; January 25th 2010 at 00:47.