Thread: on the dyno
View Single Post
Old January 5th 2007, 07:53

yes it wasnt finished (are they ever)...... my mates did me a show board explaining it wasnt finished, and that it had only got to BUGJAM due to a group of mates working till the wee hours covering panels and cobling together stereo, lights etc to get it there....it was only set up properly on the fuel injection the weekend before bugjam.the show was the first time the car had been driven more than 1/4 of a mile test run.
it was a great shakedown run even if it had no windows etc.....
also before the jam i had to build a garage to keep the car in at my house as my parents had moved (cheek of it) so i no longer had the use of theirs.
since bugjam i havnt driven the car much but i have
re wired her, remade the front lights, ripped out the interior, replaced the steering wheel, gear knob, handbrake, seats,also adding two more ten subs. ..you wont be able hear them when you drive cos the exhaust is so loud
i also have to make some nice door builds that lookas good as the rest of it
and i think a little trip down the strip will be in order although im keen to keep my 915 in one bit.May even fit my eagleF1 tyres on the back picked them up at a porsche swapmeet brand new for a song..

Thanks guys..........Turbonutta

oh and moog i have to wait 6weeks for my hybrid turbo.i do have a nice Teal wastegate now..

Oh as for not sticking to a look im not keen on resto,cal,bla bla i think these cars need to look modern and use up-to date parts
some of the cars in the show just had bits and motors they had got of the shelf....yuk.
most of my stuff is hand made maybe thats why it took 13 years to get this far...ooops

Last edited by Turbonutta; January 5th 2007 at 07:57.