Old May 11th 2010, 21:32

ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAbeetle View Post
First, how much is your budget?

Look consider these things about subarus:
1. They get hot, trust me I own a WRX.
2. The engines aren't cheap- and the cheap ones are usually on their last leg
3. Have you beefed up your transaxle yet?
4. Taken into consideration that you are going to need a whole new CUSTOM exhaust/intake system?
5. Thought about the fact that you are going to need to do some SERIOUS electrical work to get that EFI system to sync up with your gauges.

Its not just some drop in mod.
Its a lot of work, and a lot of expensive work. To do a turbo one right- I would price it about... 10000 dollars easy.
Hears what I'm working with i have a turbo 2.0 the block came from a Japanese legacy which was a twin turbo motor but i will be using wrx components and making it single turbo.

as far as a transmission my car is has a 901 5 speed thats stock i have another gear box im building for more power down the road but the 901 should hold up for now.

Ive got the ecu figured out will be running a magasquirt system as far as gauges go i am modding my dash to use the Subaru gauge cluster from 05 wrx

i was just curious as to what others were doing for a radiator just get ideas i think im going to uses a after market wrx aluminum radiator with two 12 fans just need to do some more measuring

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVISE AND HELP LOVE THE GERMANLOOK COMMUNITY