View Single Post
Old May 12th 2010, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAbeetle View Post
Also, will people please get more specific with the subaru engines!

I am sick of EJ20T, and SOHC STi!
I am a former Subaru guy- Those two things dont exist!

Subaru DOES NOT use the "T" that is a Nissan thing.
STi engines are ALL DOHC.

There are a TON of Subaru engines- be specific, because saying I got an STi engine means you could have one of about five or six engines that I can think of off the top of my head- 2.0s, 2.5s, single scroll, twin scroll, TGV system or non-TGV system.

Also, for the record, unless the twin turbo (EJ20H/R/206/208- these being the four varieties) is sold in a vehicle in your country, don't bother. I have heard horror stories about those buggers.
Calm down!

No-one referred to EJ20T or SOHC STi!
Please use your knowledge in a more pleasant and readable way. Antagonising people from who you may need useful information is counter productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangfy View Post
hay guys just wondering what kind of radiators you guys are using in your Subaru conversions such as aftermarket aluminum ones or something retro fitted from another car just looking to get an idea of what size i need and how much $ i need to save up thanks for any info.
I have a long term build project that keeps changing direction but in relation to the cooling requirement I have considered various options including OEM rads from other vehicles but have settled on a specific approach. Whilst I have at least three rads lying around, all of which could be pressed into service I came to the conclusion that it would be better to use a made up special since making a standard rad fit into spaces not designed for it borders on bodge engineering. Also, I would never trust a used rad and even considering a standard rad it would need to be new - a rad failure is an annoyance that I do not need when firing/using an engine for the first time. If you are into a new rad then a special is not too expensive an alternative and at least it can be sized for the available space to to get the most effective air flow and packaging.

Clive