Thread: Taadaa!!!!
View Single Post
Old December 11th 2007, 11:23

My only experience is that mine is tagged/insured/and on the road almost everyday !!! I don't have the major tire/wheel package you have. Mine are only 2.0L 914 Fuchs with 195/60/15 all around. My rear fenders have 1/3" clearance on one side and 1/2" on the other. My front end is standard width beam and I have very, and I mean very, slight rub on full lock on the inner fender wells.

It is just that your pictures show that your sidewalls on the rears protrude outside your fender wells. My eyes aren't what they use to be, but it sure looks it to me.

Your tone suggests a little animosity towards me and if I have rubbed you the wrong way, please take my apologies. There was none meant on my part. Everyone here and in the whole VW Karmann Ghia community has been asking about what size (the largest) wheel/tire combination will work with the Ghia. If you have truly found the magic wheel/tire combination that will work without rubbing, then that is fantastic!!! Like I said earlier, it just looks to my eyes that your rear rubber sticks outside the fender lip.

Take care,

Kelly (Cohibra45) 1970 KG vert