View Single Post
Old May 4th 2009, 11:39

so my solutions so far for ecu and stuff is as follows... 05 sti engine with full vehicle harness (to be adapted to this application). sti matched ecu/key/immobilizer box, and sti gauge cluster. I will also be adapting the entire fuel system including pumps and fuel tank bits. I will also be adapting the pedal cluster (hanging) from the sti because of the servo-tronic throttle and the fact that the other two pedals work fine for clutch actuaction and brake master cylinder interaction...The objective is to use as many "plug-n-play" sti parts as I can, these include stock turbo and TMIC and parts of the original exhaust system (ultimately this will be converted to totally custom install). I will also be using the water system but running long water lines up to the front of my car with a single radiator (for now) dual fan system. I am hoping to have my entire engine system on a stand alone circut with it's own dedicated battery and closed loop system. This will stand seperate from the remainder of the cars sytems including ice/cameras/security/canopy hydraulics ect... Adapted to a fresh 69' 901 5spd trans via a kennedy kit but am still debating the clutch/pressureplate combo... as well I am still trying to figure out the cv/axle combo (anyone have insights?) in that I am using 87' 944 alu arms and full brake setup front and rear. But I am running into a few challenges with getting the cv/axle combo figured out.

Before the boards went down I had found most of the information that I needed but now none of the links work and stuff seems to be not so easy to find anymore.. alas my research continues...

Here is something pretty to look at:
Engine -

Concept Painting of my car -