View Single Post
Old June 12th 2005, 14:35

I am back.. Loaf (NJ) with a baby and new project

Hey gents..

Got side tracked for a while.. been passive and monitoring the boards infrequently, until lately.. For the longest time I was busy with my scooby, in preparation for some track time this July at watkins glenn.. with most of the routine maintance and a change in attitude, I should be able to proceed with the bug..

For the longest time my vert was on the side burner.. not sure which way I was going to go with this car.. I sourced many of the parts that I needed, but since this is a off the pan restoration, I have struggled with time (due to work) to get the body off..

Some recent changes in my life.. My Wife is due in sept, has made me realize that a new car is out of the picture, as well as job security due to the BRAC. For those who are not familiar with what the BRAC is: Base Realignment and Closure. Where I work in NJ is on the list.

All the above made me realize that I need to get the bug running.. With that in mind I started searching for some parts, and came across, a freshly painted 73 Saloon.. that I just could not pass up.. From the moment I saw it, I fell in love and had to have it.. after traveling hours to see it, I did a little impulse shopping and bought it.. The wife was not totally aware since she is on travel, and almost killed me..

Now I am faced with the problem of two bugs one saloon and one vert.. I had alway wanted his and hers porsches, so I figure this is sorta the same and my preference has always been the saloon.

I will continue the German Look on the saloon, transfer all the parts and the vert will be a more conservative GL/Classic look, that I will give to my wife once it is done, so that she can cruise with the new baby (unsure of sex, did not find out).

I just wanted to pass on to you all, since this is a great forum and bunch brilliliant motorsports people.. that car about cars, their families and VW way of life ..

On a side note, last thanksgiving had the opportunity to meet Michael Ghia, in Oxford, UK.. sat and chatted for a while.. what a knowledge base.. Mike, hope your doing well.. cheers for the east coast.

That is it for now.. I pick up the car next week.. will post pictures once I get another camer, wife has mine..

Very excited, about this new project.. priority is on getting it running quick and performance later..

VR
Alex
Loaf (NJ)