View Single Post
Old January 29th 2012, 00:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
I have not fitted the cylinders with studs. Since I have not done this yet, I may stand corrected. I received the stud pattern from Gregg Riddle, and had a blue print made in order for a CNC programmer to input. If what you say is correct, I will need to have a machine shop do 8 more sets (bummer). I will get some ARP bolts and go to the next level.

Richard, you once gave me a name of a re-builder of speed-o and tach. I tried to find the contact again but don't remember the name. He makes custom gauge face plates. Do you still have or remember his name or site?
The stud pattern was correct, but what has to be done is the fin designed has to be mirrored, and what happen was the fin design was mirrored which is shown buy your pics with them installed in the case and so was the stud pattern but shouldn't of been. So the fins get mirrored and the stud pattern does not, to get a better idea what I am talking about check against a set of stock cyl's

What do you mean about doing 8 more sets ?

This place does good work.

http://www.paspeedo.com/porsche914combi.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
"As to the 356 style lifters, I recommend you pass on those for your Turbo build, the spring pressure needed for boost I think is to much for those lifters".

Richard, am I to understand the new 39 gram 356 styled lifter won't be able to withstand the spring rate?
For the money you have in this motor, it's not worth even taking a chance. I have a set of the E Plus 356 Style lifters & the New design Aluminum bushings, and I will run 110 pds seat & it will be 270 pds over the nose with Beehive springs but I am running N/A. You should have at the very least 170 pds seat and at least 350 pds over the nose and those lifters are not going to handle those pressures very long especially when the turbo spools and the rpms jump.

The Tool Steel Type 1 are much stronger, and better than that would be to go roller...

But it's your decision.

Last edited by Type4Unleashed; January 29th 2012 at 01:40.