Thread: WooHoo!!!
View Single Post
Old June 28th 2005, 18:38

Yeti-
You're right. The whole thing flashes through your mind. Did I do everything right, did I clean such and such, did I tighten everything? Will it even crank? (Minus any horrible noises)

The end is in sight though. I picked up new brake hardware today and a bunch of electrical odds and ends. I've still got to sort the speedo wiring out, full brake job all around, and fab a rear breast plate tin. The engine isn't trick, just plain stock. The budget got in the way of that. Two in school y'know. But I'm already looking at the next engine project. I've still got the 1.7L I might build, or I could go with a 1776. Building this one has given me the confidence to do another.

It's funny, I've built a hundred SBC's and probably that many diesels. I've no fear of tearing into a Cummins PT fuel pump, but something about the air-cooled engine is a little daunting at first. Now with this experience, it doesn't seem so bad. Easy even.

Anyway, when I get it on the road, I'll be sure to post a video.

And big thanks to everyone in the VKG and on these forums for encouragement and support.
VKG