View Single Post
Old March 29th 2008, 13:54

Picked her up last night, of course it was the first time in weeks that it rained, so that sucked.

Scary is the world I'd use for it. Not just the power, but the rear suspension too. There is a LOT of torque, I was in second, hit the gas and I was spinning, back end sliding sideways. It was wet, but but I can't even do that in my M3! So tons of torque and power. The engine is sitting right behind me, so even with earplugs in, that turbo was really working. I was going over 100 easily, but it cruised really nicely at 85. At the faster speeds it was scary, the rear suspension is REALLY not working well. I'm going to look at putting some spacers under the steering rack back there to maybe give me some toe in bump over what I'm sure is toe-out bump right now. That's what is scary, you hit a bump in a corner and the whole rear end feels like it shifts sideways. The redline is 7200 rpm, and I didn't even get close to that at 100, so I don't know how fact it goes on the top end. Javad the tuner said he noticed some clutch slippage, but I have to say all I notice was wheel slippage.

The shifter works great, until it doesn't work well. I can't explain it, but it shifts great most of the time, then rarely its a struggle to get in gear. Don't know what's going on with that.

Temp was a steady 85 degrees, even with just the 2 fans running. They had set the thermostat for 80, so first the first leg of my trip the fans came on and stayed on, kinda worried me. The ECU was in demo mode too, and I didn't realize it, so I couldn't figure out why the temps were running 95 and the RPMs were staying constant!!!

I'm going to lay low for awhile now, between the 3 hours of tuning, 1 hour of testing and cleanup, and new coils and firmware for the ECU, it was over $1k, so I need to fill my piggybank up again!

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S